Gohar Educational Campus is highly academically-oriented without being highly selective. The criterion for acceptance in a class is academic attainment, not age. Although age acts as a limiting factor, it is possible to find a three-year age range in the same class. In general, any student willing to learn is accepted.
There are no academic requirements for acceptance into Preschool(3 to 5 years of age). Prospective students at these levels are interviewed; they must be toilet-trained and able to speak and follow simple instructions.
All other prospective students take diagnostic tests in the core subjects. These tests help to determine if the students have attained the minimum expected standard for each subject. The school then makes final placement decisions but can resort to the various strategies at its disposal to help bring a student to the required level. For example, there is the option of attending summer school or perhaps extra classes in a subject. Special academic support is taken very seriously by the school.
Students (Grade 1 – Grade10) regarded as suitable candidates will take diagnostic tests in English, Mathematics etc.
- Class I
- Class II
- Class III
- Class IV
- Class V
- Class VI
- Class VII
- Class VIII
- Class IX
- Class X
- 3 Years
- 4 Years
- 5 Years
- 6 Years
- 7 Years
- 8 Years
- 9 Years
- 10 Years
- 11 Years
- 12 Years
- 13 Years
- 14 Years
- 15 Years
Parents who want their child(ren) to be admitted in the Gohar Educational Campus have to first get registered by filling the admission form, which is available at the campus. Parents should keep in mind the few important points:
- Registration is not the confirmation of admission.
- Information provided on the Application Form must be correct.
Following documents must be attached with the admission form:
- Copy of CNIC of Parent / Guardian
- B-Form (NADRA) / Birth Certificate
- A copy of vaccination record (Pre-School only)
- Three (3) passport size pictures of the child
- Copy of school leaving certificate (class 2 onward)
TEST AND INTERVIEW
- A written test is conducted as per schedule.
- Selected candidates are called upon for the test and child has to appear in the test on the given date.
- There is no written test for Reception. Informal Assessment is conducted.
- For Montessori-I & Montessori-II, Written test and interview are conducted. Generally, the reading ability of the child, vocabulary, recognition of words, and concept of colours and numbers is assessed. The confidence and the appearance of the child are also taken into the consideration.
- For classes 1 onward, a written test in English, Urdu, Mathematics, Science is mandatory.
- A child must first clear the written test before qualifying for interview.
- The child and his/her parents are interviewed by the School Head, and possibly by attending staff members as well.